Nike UptempoMen Shoes
The Nike Air More Uptempo is one of the most memorable basketball sneakers of the 1990s. One look, and you’ll know why. Released in 1996, the Air More Uptempo featured the boldest and most unapologetic branding ever on a Nike shoe, and few have rivaled it since. The upper's design incorporates a gigantic “AIR” text to let everybody know what kind of cushioning this shoe provides. Indeed it has plenty of the brand’s signature technology to match the bold proclamation on the upper, featuring more Air than any shoe before it by utilizing a series of bubbles from heel to toe. If it’s a head-turning look and maximum comfort you want, you’ve found it with the Air More Uptempo.
From the Court to the Streets
The Air More Uptempo was intended for the basketball court, but no sneaker this bold could remain strictly a performance model. The shoe was championed by Scottie Pippen in the NBA, who wore the original black and white colorway throughout the 1996 NBA Playoffs on the way to the championship with the Chicago Bulls. Pippen wore the shoe later in its “Olympic” colorway for the ‘96 summer games as he helped the Dream Team secure another gold medal. While Pippen was succeeding on the court in the Air More Uptempo , it was already one of the hottest sneakers on the streets by the summer of ‘96. Now over 20 years later, the design is just as bold and stylish as ever, as Nike Sportswear continues to cook up new and exciting colorways for the legendary model. Foot Locker has all the latest looks for the Air More Uptempo for those that dare to wear more Air.
- Unforgettable “AIR” branding across the upper for the shoe’s signature look.
- Durable leather, nubuck, or synthetic upper. See each colorway for specific materials.
- Speed lacing system with molded TPU eyestays.
- Elastic bands on tongue help provide lockdown support.
- Tongue and heel pull tabs for easier access.
- Full-length visible Air-sole cushioning.
- Rubber outsole for traction and durability.